How To Tell If You Have A Bed Bug Problem In Your Georgia Home
Bed bugs are sneaky, mysterious insects. They seemingly pop up out of the blue, and persistently pester you. When they take over your bedroom, they shake up your nerves and keep you from sleeping well. They may be tiny, but they’re far from invisible. The critters make sure you know they are around, as they leave their signature on your body. They’re known for sucking human blood and leaving lots of red bites. The welts itch and sometimes look like a rash.
Bites are definitely a sign bed bugs are in your Georgia home or business, but there are other indicators. It’s important to learn what these are. Detecting these little munchers early can make a world of difference. Read on to get the 411, and find out how Blitz! Exterminators can help.
What Bed Bugs Look Like And How They Get In
Before you can spot a bed bug problem, you have to know what you’re looking for. These critters are often no larger than ¼ of an inch long. The most common species are reddish-brown in color. Their young are translucent and come from pearly white eggs. Adults have three body segments and six legs. At the top of their circular heads are two antennas. Midway, is an oddly shaped part. Their round bottoms are large.
The reason they nibble on us at night is that they survive on blood alone. To make their hunt for flesh easier, they’ll live in public spaces. While you’re at school, work, a bus station or a hotel, they’ll crawl into your clothes and bags. Once you’ve brought them home, they spring off to:
- Wood Trim
In addition to bites and rashes, bed bugs will leave a trail on and under linens. You’re liable to see blood drops, red-brown stains, and brown or black fecal marks. Their waste may also be powdery. Some people report having a constant, musty odor in their home or business when bed bugs are in full effect.
How To Prevent Bed Bugs
To catch bed bugs as soon as possible or prevent them, you have to be on your inspection game. You can’t let your guard down when surveying and cleaning belongings. It’s going to require a hefty amount of effort on your part, but you’ll be glad you put it in. These actions can spare you bites and stress:
- Steam clean or vacuum your carpets and upholstery often.
- Consider purchasing a mattress cover designed for blocking out bed bugs.
- Grab a flashlight and scan head and footboards, box springs, and mattress seams. Do this on the regular, and go under the bed too.
- Go through drawers, personal bags, and laundry piles looking for signs of activity.
- Check furniture, electronics, lamps, frames, and wood trim.
- Look over everything in hotel rooms. Inform maintenance if you see bed bugs. Then, get a new room several feet away.
- While traveling, put your luggage in a protective cover or plastic bag.
- After a trip, wash all your clothes in hot water. Use high heat to dry them for at least 20 minutes.
- Inspect second-hand items before bringing them inside.
How Can Blitz! Exterminators Help With Bed Bugs?
Our licensed technicians at Blitz! Exterminators use advanced industrial equipment to eliminate bed bugs. For a complete termination, you must kill every egg and bed bug around. Only our methods and devices will locate them all and get them gone.
Our services are affordable and comprehensive. They include warranties, year-round protection and continual monitoring. We even do emergency visits! Call today for a no cost estimate! Be bed bug-free!